(+506) 8826 1794
B&B Jardín de los Monos
Costa Rica knows more than 1 Matapalo; Bed and Breakfast Jardín de los Monos is located at the Pacific coast between Quepos and Dominical.
Drive to the beach side of Matapalo and follow our signs. Take a right turn after Rafiki Beach Camp and turn left at Casa Aba; we are right next to them.
Playa Matapalo, de la plaza en la playa, 750m oeste, 150m norte, 25m oeste, casa blanca, cemento, 2 pisos, Savegre, Quepos, Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Benefit from our attractive rates for August 1st to December 19th 2020
We also offer Early Booking and Non Refundable deals for January to April 2021
(min. 2 night stay)
Only on our own website!
We are proud to be the highest rated B&B/ Hotel in Playa Matapalo
9.7 points Booking.com | 5 stars TripAdvisor | 5 stars Google
Driving times, Directions and Map
- XQP Quepos Managua Airport: 20 min.
- Manuel Antonio: 35 min.
- Dominical: 15 min.
- Uvita/ Marino Ballena: 30 min.
- San Isidro: 50 min.
From some mayor destinations in Costa Rica:
- SJO Juan Santamaria San Jose International Airport: 2:40 hours (main airport of Costa Rica)
- Corcovado, Sierpe: 1:20 hours (boot to Drake Bay)
- Corcovado, Puerto Jiménez: 2:30 hours
- Arenal (La Fortuna): 4:15 hours
- Monteverde: 3:40 hours
- Samara: 4:15 hours
- Puerto Viejo: 6:00 hours
- Do not fully rely on your navigation system or app. In order to get to Matapalo from San Jose do not take route 239 or 301! Use route 27 and 34 (the scenic route via route 2 and 243 is possible but takes much longer).
- Some navigation systems/ apps are also not correct for the last bit of the trip to our B&B. Please see the detailed directions below.
- Playa Matapalo is not suited to travel via Public Transportation. The bus stop is a long walk and can be heavy with the climate we have here. Playa Matapalo has no ATM and no Taxi’s. Please visit our car rental page in case you are still looking for a rental car.
Take route 34, the Costanera Sur (Carretera Pacífica Fernández Oreamuno), towards Dominical (south-east). Take after approx. 25 km (15.5 mi) the first exit of Matapalo (to the right). You drive through the village, pass the soccer field (right-hand side) and – almost directly after the bridge- turn right, following the sign to Playa Matapalo. Follow this paved road towards the beach and turn right at the end, continue over the paved road for 1 km (0.6 mi) and turn right immediately after Rafiki Beach camp. After about 150 m (164 yd) turn left at `Casa Aba´. We are located on the left hand side of Casa Aba.
Take route 34, the Costanera Sur (Carretera Pacífica Fernández Oreamuno), towards Quepos (north-west). Take after approx. 13 km (8 mi) the first exit of Matapalo (to the left). You will see a bus stop and 2 soda’s (simple restaurants) on your left-hand side. Drive to the village and go left just before the bridge, following the sign to Playa Matapalo. Follow this paved road towards the beach and turn right at the end, continue over the paved road for 1 km (0.6 mi) and turn right immediately after Rafiki Beach camp. After about 150 m (164 yd) turn left at `Casa Aba´. We are located on the left hand side of Casa Aba.
Please click the following link for our map of Playa Matapalo, Costa Rica